On this page are some of my favorite YouTube videos and information about my channel.
My Own YouTube Videos
I have my own YouTube channel called doctornoske. Here are some of my videos:
- Separation of a cell - a cell I segmented which is undergoing mitosis and was imaged using Serial Block Face Scanning Electron Tomography (SBFSEM). The narration explains how miniSOG was used to elucidate DNA.
- History and Future of Electron Tomography - a narrated video giving a quick history of electron tomography (starting 1993) using a time-line, then transforms into a graph showing the exponential increase in data acquisition rate up till 2012.
- Whole Cell Imaging at High Resolution using Electron Tomography - a whole mammalian pancreatic beta cell I reconstructed in 2007 using a technique I call "Whole Cell Tomography" at relatively "low resolution" (15-20 nm) using Electron Tomography (ET).
Making YouTube Videos
YouTube accepts many video formats, but some seem to work better than others. The highest resolution accepted is 1280x720. I've written some instructions on how to convert a movie to a suitable size and format using Quicktime Pro here:
Using YouTube it's also possible to make 3D Movies, although to see such movies will typically require special glasses. To create a 3D movie I have instructions here:
My Favorite YouTube Videos
- The Snail (Remi Gaillard) - classic. :-)
- Kangaroo (Remi Gaillard) - great soundtrack "box box jump" - my favourite!
- Pac Man (Remi Gaillard) - wreaking havoc in a shopping center.
- Mario Kart (Remi Gaillard) - as it suggests.
- Grocery Store Wars - a take off of Star Wars done with vegetables.
- How to break up with girlfriend in 64 steps - a friend sent to me and told me it epitomized his life.