Room for rent - old version 2017
About This Page
I used this page to help apply for a room in the South Bay area (California), ideally starting in Dec 2017 or earlier. And it worked nicely. :)
My Room Application
- Topic: Driven 34 y/o Aussie Google engineer looking for a room to rent in South Bay
- Status: FOUND A PLACE JUST 10 DAYS AFTER I STARTED LOOKING (~Nov 15 2017). Thanks all who helped!
- Age/Gender: ....... 34 y/o male.
- Job: .................... Google Maps engineer @ Mountain View campus (before that a neuroscience postdoc).
- Status: ................ Single. Slowly getting back into dating soon... here's my embarrassing dating video to see my personality.
- Move reason: .......... I'm currently renting room in Campbell with a lovely 60 year old salsa dancing friend after her son moved out, however her son's situation has changed and he needs to move back in his old room soon.
- Ideal room: .............. Furnished, near Mountain View, decent amount of space
(I gave away most of my furniture a year ago because I needed an update!).
Looking to live at least 6 months. Shared room with others $900-1500 would be nice (hopefully some privacy to the room though!)... or maybe a studio if it's around $2000 or below. I'm trying to save money to buy my own place in the next couple of years.
- Ideal room-mate(s): ........... I'm single and dating, and honestly, the last place I lived in I got surprised when I was told I wasn't really allowed guests / overnight guests - because that really makes dating hard! Who wants to date a guy in that situation. Ideally I would be living with people around my age, maybe younger, because I do like to go out dancing a great deal (not so much drinking, but definitely dancing), and I'm a social creature. I like the idea of a housemate who we can go out together and challenge each other in our personal and professional lives. :)
- Ideal move date: ..... Anytime before Dec 31st. I'm not tied to a lease, which is nice. :)
- Linked in: ........ www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-noske-641ab75/
- Facebook: ........ www.facebook.com/andrew.noske
- Website: .......... andrewnoske.com/wiki/Room_application (you're looking at it)
Hi, I'm a 34 year old guy from Australia seeking rental accommodation in the South Bay area - hopefully for at least 1 year. I have plenty of share house experience: 5 years in a six person student share house in Brisbane while doing my PhD, and I've been in the USA now for 7 years now (enough for a green card) - 3 of those years with a single housemate.
I'm very friendly and laid-back, neat, non-smoking, non-drug, single, and I've got no special diet/medical/religious conditions. I have housemate references form my current roommate and my old roommate (fellow Googler). Sincerely,
See also: Craigslist ad (nov 5)
I'm going to ask friends if anything is available, but if a place is nice, a good price and I have good chemistry with my roomie, I'm excited to try living somewhere different. Well not that different, I was by myself in Mountain View for 4 years, then (currently) Campbell with a landlady for 1 year, and maybe next Sunnyvale... it may not sound exciting, but I'd like to be close to work! :)
My main interests: dancing, hiking, hanging out with friends.
It might seem strange someone on a Google salary wanting a roommate, but I have a plan to spend at least another year saving money then think about buying. Please email me if you've discovered this page and you're interested in having me as a roommate.