Room for rent
About This Page
This page is helping supplement a search for new people to move into a two-bedroom unit for rent in La Jolla. I have lived myself in this unit for two years, but am moving out around September 1 (2012) to get my own place and my roommate has decided to move out too. The owner, a lovely lady called Rachel, is looking to fill both our rooms either together or separately. Details follow.
- Topic: Two rooms for rent in 2 bedroom/2 bath apartment, $875/month, available toward end of August (2011)
- Location: Level 3, 8889 Caminito Plaza Centro, La Jolla (google map)
- Status: Search has just begun, so feel free to contact - aim to fill by September 1, 2012
I'm a 28 year old guy from Australia (see picture below) who works at USCD as a postdoctoral researcher and is searching for a room-mate for my two bedroom apartment - $875 a month (cheap for this area) plus utilities. I'm respectful, tidy and laid-back, so would hope for a room-mate who is about the same age, professional and equally laid back / tidy. I'm working in neuroscience and developing a computer game - a very cool job which keeps me pretty busy during the week, and on the weekends I usually hang out with my girlfriend. Sometimes we'll cook, but we always clean up after ourselves and would hope any roommate does the same! The unit is fully furnished, but not the bedroom - although I do have a nice spare mattress a table and chairs I can lend you for as long as you need. I should also warn you that the lady who owns the unit is hoping to find someone to sign up for at LEAST six months, but hoping/preferring someone who's willing to sign for a year.
It's a really great little apartment, just 5 minutes walk to "La Jolla Village Square Shopping Center" and 15 minutes walk to UCSD. The rest of the details are below, but most importantly watch the video link! :-)
If you are interested please e-mail me at including (a) a little information about yourself, (b) what furniture/stuff you have how and (c) your mobile number so that we can organize a time for you to come over and inspect the unit!
- MOVIE OF UNIT (25MB) - I made this video about a year ago, not long after I moved in, but it's still the same unit, so I haven't bothered making a new video. The only thing which has changed is the furniture in the lounge. It has all the basics - table, chairs, couch and TV but now now has a more "red, black and glass" color scheme.
- Complex - This is a video of another unit in the complex (#7330) which I found on YouTube, but it's identical size/layout and at the end of the video you'll see footage of the gym and pool facilities. Be warned the music is horrible. :-)
Rather than type it again, this is the craigslist ad my out-going housemate and I posted:
1 large bedroom for rent in 2 bedroom/2bath gated complex.
Cost: $875 per month + utilities (basic cable, wireless internet, electricity).
Room: spacious bedroom with attached vanity, closet and bath.
Availability: available mid August - lease agreement negotiable.
Other housemate: 28 y/o male postdoctoral researcher working at UCSD.
Looking for: friendly non-smoking professional or student to rent available room.
Complex includes: 1 gym, 2 pools, 2 hot tubs, 2 outdoor showers, gas BBQ, sundeck, and cyber cafÃ© with free Wi-Fi.
Other features: each bedroom has porch with additional storage closet, parking space in gated parking are directly beneath complex and street parking also available.
Location: just off Hwy-5 at Nobel Drive - close to Pacific Beach, UTC mall, bike and hiking, 15 minute walk to UCSD.
Additional information: is a dog friendly complex and non-smoking apartment. If furniture is needed, housemate is willing to lend a spare matress for as long as needed, and departing housemate may be willing to sell certain items at a low price. Please contact me if you are interested in coming by to check it out.
If you're interested in coming by to check it out please contact me with a little description of yourself. For more information and a video of the room go to: http://www.andrewnoske.com/wiki/Room_for_rent
- Room_application - A page I wrote which helped me get this great apartment in the first place.
- House_sharing - I wrote this and the next wiki page back in 2004 when I was living in a six person share-house in Brisbane.
- House_sharing_-_questions_for_potential_housemate - I used to give this to anyone interested in a room - and even after moving to a smaller place I still find it very useful! :-)