Room for rent - old version 2010
I'm a 27 year old guy from Australia (see picture below) who works at USCD as a postdoctoral researcher and is searching for a room-mate for my two bedroom apartment - $875 a month (cheap for this area) plus utilities. I'm respectful, tidy and laid-back, so would hope for a room-mate who is about the same age, professional and equally laid back / tidy. I'm also hoping for someone who owns a fair amount of furniture, as my current house-mate is moving in with her boyfriend and taking most of the communal furniture with her! I should also warn you that the lady who owns the unit is hoping to find someone to sign up for at LEAST six months, but hoping/preferring someone who's willing to sign for a year (as I recently did).
It's a really great little apartment, just 5 minutes walk to "La Jolla Village Square Shopping Center" and 15 minutes walk to UCSD. The rest of the details are below, but most importantly watch the video link!
If you are interested please e-mail me at including (a)' a little information about yourself, (b) what furniture/stuff you have how and (c) your mobile number so that we can organize a time for you to come over and inspect the unit!
- MOVIE OF UNIT; (25MB) - I made this video just yesterday (27th) just before Monica moved her stuff out. It shows the entire unit, so watch this and you won't really need any photos.
- Complex - This is a video of another unit in the complex (#7330) which I found on YouTube, but it's identical size/layout and at the end of the video you'll see footage of the gym and pool facilities. Be warned the music is horrible. :-)
Rather than type it again, this is the original craigslist ad posted by my outgoing room-mate taken from (here):
+-1 room for rent in 2 Bedroom/2bath Gated Complex, $875 per month plus utilities.
Looking for friendly Student or Professional to rent available room.
Ideal for incoming college students attending UCSD, or young professionals transferring to San Diego.
Utilities: basic cable, wireless Internet, electricity
Large (unfurnished) room - with attached vanity, closet and bath.
Available in September - lease agreement negotiable.
Current housemate is a male postdoc working at UCSD.
This Unit is located just off Hwy-5 at Nobel Drive,
Use of all the common areas. There is a living room (with attached dining area), and porch with additional storage closet.
Gated Parking space located directly beneath complex. Parking lot, and street parking also available.
On-site security guards 24/7
Close to Pacific Beach, UTC mall, Bike and Hiking, 15 minute walk to UCSD.
AMENITIES Included in Rent:
Kitchen & Laundry available in unit, Trash chute on same floor.
1 Gym, 2 pools, 2 hot tubs, (2 outdoor showers available), Gas BBQ.
Cyber Cafe, includes free Wi-Fi
Non-smoking house. Dog friendly complex.
Security Deposit: 1 month rent
Security deposit plus first months rent required for move-in.
I am willing to sell some of my furniture at a low price if you need a furnished place.
Please contact me if you're interested in coming by to check it out.
- Room_application (latest)
- House_sharing - I wrote this and the next wiki page back in 2004 when I was living in a six person share-house in Brisbane.
- House_sharing_-_questions_for_potential_housemate - I used to give this to anyone interested in a room - and even after moving to a smaller place I still find it very useful! :-)