Cinema 4D - Importing from Sketchup Models
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Here's my own notes on how to import .skp (StetchUp) files, such as those from 3dwarehouse.com, into Cinema 4D.
- Download and install "SketchUp Make" from www.sketchup.com/download.
- It should come with 30 day trial of "SketchUp Make Pro."
- Download desired .skp file from 3dwarehouse.com.
- Open .skp file in SketchUp Make.
- Go: "File > Export > 3D Model..." , then export as a "3DS file (*.3ds)" into a new folder.
- NOTE: I've also found "fbx" can work okay, but others do very badly when importing to C4D.
- Open the .3ds in Cinema4D ("vrml" = weird and bad rotation, "obj" = texture problems, etc) .
- Try your best to cleanup and save it as a .c4d.
- WARNING: Don't expect the model to be perfect, it's probably pretty messy, but hopefully all the textures will be there!