Jump to navigation Jump to search
ASCII art is using ASCII / text characters to form a picture. I've done my fair share of small, lame ASCII art pictures, and there seems to be three main variations:
- Hand drawn lines - manually typing symbols to form the outline of an object.
- Generated from an image - using a program/website which inputs an actual image (.jpg, .png, etc), and generates an ASCII art version (of some character width) using the fact that some characters have more black than others.
- Generated text - using a program/website which inputs a text string, and generates fancy ASCII lettering.
... and of course you could always use a hybrid of these in one drawing!
Generating ASCII Art From a Picture
- Glass Giant ASCII Art - one of the better ones I've used - mostly uses symbols.
Generating ASCII Art Text
- Patorjk - a good number of "ASCII fonts" to chose from.